Will it affect my policy if I claim?

For every renewal, we reserve the right to review the terms, conditions and prices offered to you. If you’ve made claims, this could affect what is offered to you at the time of renewal.

How are lost or damaged items replaced?

Under the policy, we repair, replace or offer you money for the cost of replacing your damaged or lost items.

Will my claim be settled on a new for old basis?

No. We’ll pay you the reasonable value of what your items are worth, taking into account age, wear and tear and depreciation.

Will my policy include any deductible/excess?

Yes. Certain sections of your policy will include deductibles or excesses. Please refer to the policy sections outlined in your policy document for clarification.

How do I cancel my home policy?

To cancel your home policy, please call our Customer Services Team at +65 6827 9933 or email us at [email protected].

Refunds will be processed, wherever possible, within 14 working days.

How do you calculate the cancellation refund?

In the event of cancellation, we’ll refund you 80% of the premium, less a pro-rated amount for the period for which you’ve been covered. You won’t be entitled to a refund if you’ve made a claim or if there’s been an incident that’s likely to give rise to a claim during the current period of insurance. Please refer to the policy document for more information.

If I move to a new home, do I have to cancel my current policy and take up a new one?

No. If you move to a new home, you can advise us of the change of address and we’ll then cover your household contents at the address from that date. We recommend that when you move, you review your insurance cover and ensure that the plan adequately covers the value of the contents and renovations of the new place.

How do I reach out to Singlife for assistance?

All Singlife home policies provide you with free access to the Singlife Home Emergency Assistance Helpline.

If you require assistance in an emergency, call our hotline at +65 6460 9391.

The person on the Singlife Emergency Assistance Helpline will be able to recommend specialists and detail the cost of their services. Do note that these costs will be borne by you. The recommended specialists will be able to help you with the following common household problems:

  • Locksmith Referral Assistance – If you’re locked out of your home.
  • Plumbing Referral Assistance – If your home’s plumbing is clogged or if a leak has sprung.
  • Electrical Assistance – If you’ve experienced an electric power failure or short circuit in your home.
  • Air-Conditioner Engineer Assistance – If you have a problem with the air-conditioner in your home.
  • Pest Control Assistance – If you require assistance for pest control or pest prevention in your home.
  • Home Cleaning Assistance – If you require assistance for the cleaning of the carpets, sofa, window, wall tiles or floor tiles in your home.
  • Television Repair Assistance – If your television set stops working or if it develops a fault.
  • Freezer and Refrigerator – If your freezer or refrigerator stops working or develops a fault.
  • Washing Machine Repair Assistance – If your washing machine stops working or develops a fault.
  • Home Nursing Care Assistance – If you need nursing care at home.

Neither Singlife nor Ulink are responsible or liable for the action or advice given by the service providers. The service providers are not agents of either Singlife or Ulink.

You’ll have to pay the service provider directly for any services rendered.

Can I renew my policy online?

Yes. Online renewal is a simple process. We will remind you 45 days before your policy expires and guide you through each step.

What type of changes do I need to loop you in on?

You should inform us of changes that could impact your cover. For example, you should immediately inform us of any claim, change of names or change of address.

How do I access my policy online to view or make changes?

Simply log in to MySinglife. From here you can choose to make a claim or view, edit, or cancel your policies.

What do I do if I want to make a complaint?

Your first point of contact should be our Customer Services Department. You can email us at [email protected]. We’ll acknowledge receipt of your feedback and if necessary, contact you within seven working days for further information.

If you’re dissatisfied with the response, we can refer you to an independent dispute resolution organisation. This would be the Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre Ltd (FIDReC).

FIDReC's contact details:

Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre Ltd.
36 Robinson Road
#15-01 City House
Singapore 068877

Telephone: +65 6327 8878
Email: [email protected]
Website: www.fidrec.com.sg
Fax: +65 6327 8488

Reminder – Please remember to quote your policy reference in your communication.

How do I submit feedback?

Your first point of contact should be our Customer Services Department. You can email us at [email protected].

This webpage is published for information only and Singapore Life Ltd. accepts no liability whatsoever with respect to its use or its contents.

The information contained here is accurate as at 16 Aug 2022.