A cookie is a small text file placed on a computer or mobile device when a user visits a website or uses an application which may then be stored on the user’s system. Some cookies are essential, and some are not. However, you can be assured that the cookies used on our websites and applications will not contain personally identifiable information about you. Click here for information about the types of cookies used on our website. They allow you to use the site more efficiently, save time by not having to re-enter your details each time you visit. For us, cookies and pixel tags help us to analyse how users interact with our websites and applications so we can make improvements. A pixel tag is an invisible tag placed on certain pages of our websites and applications, which is typically used in conjunction with cookies.
Cookies and Pixel tags are also used with other technologies such as analytics tools / services to enable us to recognise repeat visitors to the site. By matching an anonymous and randomly generated identifier, we are able to record the specific browsing information such as how you arrive at the site, the pages you view and the path you take through your visit. By monitoring this information, we are able to make improvements to our websites and application
- Collating of user’s search and browsing history and storing of user’s preferences to enhance and personalise website and/or platform experiences,
- enabling the use of secured sections of the website and platforms,
- customising content and advertisements and measuring the effectiveness of such content and advertisements.
- We may collect statistical and site-related information including, but not limited to information relating to how users arrived at the website and/or platform, the browser and operating system used, users’ IP address, and users’ interactions with the website and/or platform (which may include but not limited to information about the pages they have visited, the time spent and actions performed on each page);
- essential cookies are used to enable our websites and platforms to operate optimally such as enabling you to log in to secure parts of our websites and platforms.
Types of Cookies
Session and tracking cookies
Certain cookies are necessary for you to use our websites, such as maintaining log in details for the session or a transaction. These are used only for the duration of each visit, and they expire when you leave the site. They are not stored on your computer, and they do not contain any personal data. You can delete them via your browser if you wish to, but this may restrict the functions that you are able to carry out on our sites as session and tracking cookies are commonly used.
These cookies make it quicker and easier for you to access sites on subsequent visits that use Flash technology. Deleting them means you may have to re-enter information each time you visit the same site. But just like any cookie, you can delete Flash cookies by going to the Settings Manager for your Adobe Flash Player. You will be taken to the Adobe website, which lists the websites with the cookies in your browser. Just click Delete opposite the relevant website
These cookies are usually supplied by our business partners. We use some non-essential cookies for analytical and marketing purposes.
Online advertising cookies
Provided by our advertising suppliers, these cookies are used to serve our internet advertisements on other sites. Some of our web pages may contain electronic images that help us see how users interact on these pages. They may also provide our online advertisers with information about the interaction.