Stay fully protected in sickness and in health
Protect your finances from the cost of severe health conditions and critical illnesses with Singlife Critical Illness Care. Covering a range of illnesses including cancer, heart disease and stroke, this plan keeps you covered even with certain exisiting health conditions. Put your health and loved ones first by staying ahead with this coverage.
We’ll cover you even if you have certain pre-existing illnesses5.
Forget lengthy application processes. With just 6 questions to answer and no medical check-up needed6, getting coverage is a breeze.
Your premiums are customised based on your existing health conditions5 and you’ll know how much you have to pay for coverage right away7.
Receive a lump-sum payout upon diagnosis of a covered Critical Illness, Total and Permanent Disability, Terminal Illness or death8.
Want coverage for 15 years or up to age 85? We’ll protect you for the policy term you choose.
Receive an additional lump-sum payout of 20% of the Sum Assured9 for any 4 covered diabetic conditions10.
Get an advanced lump-sum payout that is 10% of your Sum Assured, up to S$25,000 for invasive heart treatments11.
Get 20% of your total premiums paid12 at the end of the policy term if no claims are made during the coverage period.
Did you know?
Here are some numbers about chronic medical conditions and critcal illnesses in Singapore
1 in 3 Singaporeans have high blood pressure1.
1 in 10 Singaporeans are diabetic1 and 50% of heart attack patients2 also have it.
43 are diagnosed with cancer daily3.
80% of stroke patients have high blood pressure and high cholesterol4.
All ages mentioned refer to age next birthday.
1. Source: National population health survey 2020, Epidemiology & Disease Control Division and Policy, Research & Surveillance Group, Ministry of Health and Health Promotion Board, Singapore, retrieved on 26 April 2022 from https://www.moh.gov.sg/docs/librariesprovider5/default-document-library/nphs-2020-survey-report.pdf
2. Source: War on Diabetes, Summary Report 2016-2019, retrieved on 26 April 2022 from https://www.moh.gov.sg/docs/librariesprovider5/war-on-diabetes/wod_public_report. pdf#:~:text=Singapore%20has%20one%20of%20the,2050%20if%20nothing%20is%20done2
3. Source: Health Promotion Board, National Registry of Diseases Office, “Singapore Cancer Registry Annual Report 2019”, 28 January 2022.
4. Source: Health Promotion Board, National Registry of Diseases Office, “Singapore Stroke Registry Annual Report 2019”, 3 November 2021.
5. Existing health conditions refer to Type 2 Diabetes, Pre-diabetes and/or the 3 Highs (high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high Body Mass Index).
6. Medical examination is not needed if your application does not require further medical underwriting.
7. Provided your application does not require further medical underwriting.
8. Upon death of the Life Assured and if there is no prior claim, Singapore Life Ltd. will pay either:
(a) 100% of the Sum Assured; or (b) total premiums paid; whichever is higher.
If there is any prior claim(s) on the benefits, Singapore Life Ltd. will pay either:
(a) 100% of the Sum Assured less any claim(s) paid on the benefits (other than claim(s) paid on Diabetic Conditions Benefit); or (b) total premiums paid less any claim(s) paid on the benefits; whichever is higher. Critical Illness Benefit, Total and Permanent Disability Benefit and Terminal Illness Benefit are early payouts of the Death Benefit. Please refer to the Product Summary for details.
9. If the Life Assured suffers from any of the covered Diabetic Conditions, Singapore Life Ltd. will pay an additional 20% of the Death Benefit Sum Assured, up to S$25,000 per condition per life. If Singapore Life Ltd. has paid part of the Death Benefit as an early payout in a previous claim, the Diabetic Conditions Benefit will be payable based on the prevailing Death Benefit Sum Assured. This benefit ceases once the additional 20% of the Death Benefit Sum Assured is fully paid out under this benefit or when the policy terminates, whichever is earlier. Only one claim can be made on the same Diabetic Condition. Any claim made on the Diabetic Conditions Benefit will not reduce the Sum Assured of the other benefits. Please refer to the Product Summary for details.
10. Diabetic Conditions covered:
(a) Coma due to Hyperosmolar Hyperglycemic State (HHS): A serious acute complication of diabetes characterised by severe hyperglycemia with no ketoacidosis.
(b) Limb Amputation due to Diabetic Complications: The actual undergoing of amputation of a leg / foot at ankle or above / arm / hand at wrist or above to treat gangrene that has occurred because of a complication of diabetes.
(c) Diabetic Nephropathy: A definite diagnosis of diabetic nephropathy by a Specialist and is evident by eGFR less than 30 ml/min/1.73 m2 with ongoing proteinuria greater than 300mg/24 hours.
(d) Diabetic Ketoacidosis: A serious acute complication of diabetes characterised by ketoacidosis (high levels of blood acids called ketones) and hyperglycemia. Please refer to the Product Summary for the detailed definitions of the Diabetic Conditions.
11. If the Life Assured undergoes Angioplasty & Other Invasive Treatment For Coronary Artery, Singapore Life Ltd. will pay 10% of the Sum Assured (subject to the maximum claimable limit of S$25,000) and reduce the Sum Assured by the same amount. Singapore Life Ltd. will only pay once for Angioplasty & Other Invasive Treatment For Coronary Artery and this benefit is an early payout of the Death Benefit. All benefits for the Life Assured will continue to be payable based on the prevailing Sum Assured after Singapore Life Ltd. makes the payment for Angioplasty & Other Invasive Treatment For Coronary Artery. Please refer to the Product Summary for details.
12. Total premiums paid includes loadings (if any).
13. Illustration is based on a male, non-smoker, 35 Age Next Birthday who bought a Sum Assured of S$100,000 for policy term of 45 years. He is diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and his latest Haemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) reading within the last 12 months as provided by a doctor is 7.5%.
14. Illustration is based on a female, non-smoker, 45 Age Next Birthday who bought a Sum Assured of S$150,000 for policy term of 30 years. She has a Body Mass Index of 33 and a blood glucose level that is above the healthy range, but not high enough to be diagnosed as Type 2 Diabetes.
This policy is underwritten by Singapore Life Ltd.
This is published for general information only and does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs of any specific person. You may get a copy of the Product Summary from Singapore Life Ltd. and the participating distributors’ offices. You should read the Product Summary before deciding whether to purchase the product. You may wish to seek advice from a financial adviser representative before making a commitment to purchase the product. If you choose not to seek advice from a financial adviser representative, you should consider whether the product in question is suitable for you. As this product has no savings or investment feature, there is no cash value if the policy ends or if the policy is terminated prematurely. Buying a health insurance policy that is not suitable for you may impact your ability to finance your future healthcare needs. This is not a contract of insurance. Full details of the standard terms and conditions of this policy can be found in the relevant policy contract.
Information is accurate as at August 2022.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact us or visit the Life Insurance Association or SDIC websites (www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).