Go beyond the basics, because life's much more than that
In the event of severe disability, you can get a basic payout from your ElderShield policy. But severe disability doesn't have an "end by" date. 3 in 10 could remain severely disabled for 10 years or more1.
And caregiving costs can amount to thousands of dollars each month.
- Median full cost of nursing home care for severely disabled senior: S$2,400/month2
- Cost of family looking after a severely disabled senior at home: up to S$3,100/month2
With MyCare and MyCare Plus, you can go beyond the basics and get the level of care you want should you ever become severely disabled.
Higher monthly payouts
Get S$600 to S$5,000 monthly for severe disability, which is the inability to perform at least 2 (for MyCare Plus) or 3 (for MyCare) of the 6 Activities of Daily Living.
Customise monthly payout duration
You decide how long you wish to receive the disability income - 12 years or for life, as long as you're severely disabled.
Pay premiums via MediSave
You can use your MediSave funds to pay for annual premiums up to S$6003.
The definition of ADLs and what you need to know about severe disability
I’m an ElderShield policyholder. How will CareShield Life affect me?
If I choose to upgrade my ElderShield to CareShield Life, will my existing MyCare/MyCare Plus be terminated?
A plan that's suited to your needs
MyCare and MyCare Plus are government-approved supplements that enhance your ElderShield payouts and give you other benefits that matter in the event of severe disability - so you can get more out of life.
- Get S$600 to S$5,000 monthly for severe disability, which is the inability to perform at least 2 (for MyCare Plus) or 3 (for MyCare) of the 6 ADLs
- Receive payouts for up to 12 years or for life so if you’re unable to work for a prolonged period, you’ll have fewer worries
- Get a lump-sum payout that’s 3 times your first monthly benefit4 when you’re severely disabled
- Choose a premium payment period that works for you:
- Pay for life, so premiums are more manageable.
- Pay up to your 65th birthday or for 20 years5, whichever is later, so you needn’t make payments after you retire
- Continue to receive payouts when you’re moderately disabled as MyCare gives you a Rehabilitation Benefit6 that is 50% of your monthly benefit4 for the rest of your benefit payout duration if you’re no longer severely disabled but still unable to perform 2 ADLs
- No need to pay premiums when you’re disabled7 and when you’re receiving the monthly benefit4 or the Rehabilitation Benefit
- Receive an additional S$200 monthly if you have a child aged 21 and below at point of claim, for up to 36 months
- There’s a payout upon death that’s 3 times your monthly benefit4 or rehabilitation benefit should you pass away while receiving either of these benefit payouts
- Pay little or no cash by using your MediSave funds to pay annual premiums up to S$6003
Upgrade your ElderShield
Leave your details and we'll send you information about the product, as well as insurance and financial planning tips via our monthly newsletter.
You may also call Singlife Financial Advisers at +65 6827 9980 (Mon - Fri, 9am to 6pm) if you're interested to purchase the product.
If you have an existing financial adviser representative, please leave your details in the form below and they will be in touch.
1. Source: Ministry of Health, retrieved on 4 September 2019 from www.moh.gov.sg/careshieldlife/long-term-care-financing.
2. Source: The Straits Times © Singapore Press Holdings Limited. Extracted with permission. "Upgrade of home, centre-based services needed as they become main form of long-term care for elderly: Study", 15 August 2018.
3. Premiums exceeding the S$600 MediSave deduction limit will have to be paid in cash. If there are insufficient funds in the MediSave account, cash payment will be required for the difference.
4. Monthly benefit refers to the monthly Severe Disability Benefit under MyCare or MyCare Plus, where applicable.
5. Premium payment term up to policy anniversary after your 65th birthday (66 age next birthday) or for 20 years (whichever is later) is only available for MyCare.
6. The Rehabilitation Benefit will be payable when the Life Assured recovers from a Severe Disability but is still unable to perform 2 out of 6 Activities of Daily Living even with special aids and requires physical assistance from another person throughout the activities. The Rehabilitation Benefit will be payable for the remaining Benefit Payout Duration.
7. No premium will be payable during the period when the Life Assured is receiving either the Severe Disability Benefit or the Rehabilitation Benefit. Premium payment will resume when the Life Assured no longer suffers from the Severe Disability or no longer meets the requirements for the Rehabilitation Benefit.
You need to have a basic ElderShield policy before purchasing MyCare or MyCare Plus.
The policy is underwritten by Singapore Life Ltd.
This is published for general information only and does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person. A copy of the Product Summary may be obtained from us or our participating distributors' offices. You should read the Product Summary before deciding whether to purchase the product. You may wish to seek advice from a financial adviser representative, before making a commitment to purchase the product. In the event that you choose not to seek advice from a financial adviser representative, you should consider whether the product in question is suitable for you.
Buying a health insurance policy that is not suitable for you may impact your ability to finance your future healthcare needs. This is not a contract of insurance. Full details of the standard terms and conditions of this policy can be found in the relevant policy contract.
Information is accurate as at January 2022.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners' Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact us or visit the Life Insurance Association or SDIC websites (www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).