Additional coverage when you need it
With Singlife Whole Life, you’re empowered to live your days to the fullest, knowing that there can be support and comfort even when life doesn’t go as expected. The plan comprises a Base Cover and an Additional Cover, and it features the option of riders for greater protection and peace of mind.
Choose a premium payment term
You can pay your premiums for 10, 15, 20 or 25 years, or up to age 65, depending on your preference and budget.
Increase your coverage
The Guaranteed Extra Protection Option4 lets you increase your coverage at key life stage events, without need for further health underwriting.
Help when you're out of work
If you lose your job, you won’t incur any interest charges5 on the premiums that you put on hold, for up to one year.
Monthly payout in your golden years
The Income Payout Option6 lets you convert your policy cash value into monthly payouts that are payable up to age 99.
Add-ons for greater protection
Enhance your coverage with our comprehensive list of riders7 and live with greater confidence.
Protection for Life
This plan is a lifelong protection plan with two components to its coverage.
Provides lifelong protection against death and Terminal Illness1
Accumulates cash value and bonuses2
Provides additional protection of 100%, 200%, 300% or 400% of the Base Sum Assured3 (on top of the Base Cover)
Lasts up to age 65, 70 or 753 to ensure your dependants have adequate resources for their living expenses should the worst happen to you
All ages mentioned refer to age next birthday.
1. Singlife Whole Life covers death and Terminal Illness for whole of life. Upon diagnosis of Terminal Illness of the Life Assured, Singapore Life Ltd. will pay the Terminal Illness Benefit as an advance payment of the Death Benefit, less any amount owing to Singapore Life Ltd., in one lump sum.
2. Singlife Whole Life’s Base Cover accumulates guaranteed and non-guaranteed cash value from the start of the third policy year, as long as the premiums are paid up to date. The non-guaranteed cash value is accumulated in the form of Reversionary Bonus (declared annually) and Terminal Bonus, and will depend on the performance of Singapore Life Ltd.’s Participating Fund. Please refer to the Product Summary for more details.
3. Singlife Whole Life comprises a Base Cover and an Additional Cover. It offers a choice of 100%, 200%, 300% or 400% of the Base Sum Assured for the Additional Cover of the basic plan. The chosen Additional Cover percentage is also applicable to the Additional Cover of optional riders, such as the Total and Permanent Disability Advance Cover IV, Critical Illness Advance Cover V and Early Critical Illness Advance Cover V, if they are attached to the plan. The Total Sum Assured of this plan is the sum of the Base Sum Assured (Base Cover) and the Additional Sum Assured (Additional Cover). The Additional Cover will start from policy inception and end on the policy anniversary when the Life Assured attains the chosen Additional Cover expiry age of either age 65, 70 or 75 (“Additional Cover period”). Thereafter, the Life Assured will continue to enjoy coverage without Additional Cover. Please refer to the Product Summary for more details.
4. The policyholder may exercise the Guaranteed Extra Protection Option at any of the following key life stage events, without providing evidence of insurability:
(a) the Life Assured marries, divorces or is widowed (i.e. any change of marital status of the Life Assured);
(b) the Life Assured becomes a parent by having a newborn, or legally adopts a child (i.e. adding a new child member to the Life Assured’s immediate family);
(c) the Life Assured or the Life Assured’s child enrols into tertiary education;
(d) the Life Assured enters full-time employment within one year from tertiary graduation; or
(e) the Life Assured purchases a property.
This option allows the policyholder to purchase a new non-participating level term Supplementary Benefit for coverage on death and Terminal Illness with extra premium payable. The total coverage that can be taken up under this option is limited to 100% of Singlife Whole Life’s Base Sum Assured, or up to a maximum of S$500,000 per life, whichever is lower. This option is extended to standard life only. Please refer to the Product Summary for more details.
5. This refers to the Waiver of Interest Benefit for the policyholder aged 19 to 75 who has been retrenched or unemployed and remains involuntarily unemployed for a period of three consecutive months, provided the policy has sufficient cash value to cover the total outstanding premiums. Proof of retrenchment or unemployment is required. Please refer to the Product Summary for more details.
6. The policyholder may exercise the Income Payout Option at each monthly anniversary date starting from (i) the policy anniversary when the Life Assured is age 65 or (ii) the end of the premium payment term, whichever is later. The monthly income will start one month after this option is exercised and it must meet the minimum monthly income requirement. Please refer to the Product Summary for more details.
7. For more details on the riders, please refer to their respective Product Summaries.
8. The surrender value includes guaranteed and non-guaranteed cash value at the point of full surrender. The figure illustrated assumes that all premiums have been fully paid.
This policy is underwritten by Singapore Life Ltd.
This is published for general information only and does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs of any specific person. You may get a copy of the Product Summary from Singapore Life Ltd. and the participating distributors’ offices. You should read the Product Summary before deciding to purchase the policy. You may wish to seek advice from a financial adviser representative before making a commitment to purchase the product. If you choose not to seek advice from a financial adviser representative, you should consider whether the product in question is suitable for you. As buying a life insurance policy is a long-term commitment, early termination of the policy can be costly. As well, the surrender value, if any, that is payable to you may be zero or less than the total premiums paid. Buying a health insurance policy that is not suitable for you may impact your ability to finance your future healthcare needs.
This is not a contract of insurance. Full details of the standard terms and conditions of this policy can be found in the relevant policy contract.
Information is accurate as at August 2022.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme, which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme, as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact Singapore Life Ltd. or visit the Life Insurance Association or SDIC websites (www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).