Better assurance for you and your family
With Singlife CareShield Standard or Singlife CareShield Plus, you can have greater assurance with better severe disability support. Both plans come with benefits that support your loved ones too.
Additional payouts for severe disability
S$200 to S$5,000 more on top of basic severe disability payouts from the government, for as long as you’re severely disabled1.
Get waiver reliefs
Stop paying your premiums but remain covered when you have a mild disability, meaning you are unable to perform at least one Activity of Daily Living (ADL).
Pay on your own terms
Pick fixed or increasing payouts, and your preferred premium payment period up to the policy anniversary after you turn 98, or for a limited time2.
Flexible payment with Medisave
Pay your premiums with your MediSave3, and you’ll spend little or no cash from your pocket.
Get a lump-sum benefit that's 3x your monthly benefit4, when you're severely disabled1 - this can help with one-time costs, such as in the purchase of a wheelchair.
If you're severely disabled1, get additional payouts if you have children under 225; to help cover caregiver costs6; and to support your dependants when you die10.
Better supplements for life events
Entering parenthood or purchasing property? Increase your payouts when it matters, without underwriting hassle7.
Support for moderate disabilities
With Singlife CareShield Plus, disability payouts begin when you’re unable to perform at least two ADLs.
Note: Deferment Period applies for selected benefits8.
What's severe disability?
A person is considered severely disabled and in need of long-term care when they can’t independently perform at least three of the six Activities of Daily Living (ADLs).
|Washing||Toileting||Walking or moving around|
The national schemes at a glance
The CareShield Life and ElderShield schemes give a payout when an individual is severely disabled, i.e. unable to perform three or more ADLs.
|Disability payouts from national long-term schemes|
|CareShield Life||ElderShield 400||ElderShield 300|
|Starts at S$600 per month and increases over time9, for up to a life time.||S$400 per month for up to 6 years||S$300 per month for up to 5 years|
Enhance your CareShield Life or ElderShield coverage with Singlife CareShield Standard or Plus to enjoy 20% lifetime premium discount! Terms and Conditions apply.
Find out more
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum and maximum entry age for Singlife CareShield Standard and Plus severe disability insurance plans?
The minimum entry age as at last birthday is 30 and the maximum entry age is 64.
Do I need to have CareShield Life or ElderShield in order to sign up for Singlife CareShield Standard or Singlife CareShield Plus?
Yes, both Singlife CareShield Standard and Singlife CareShield Plus are CareShield Life/ ElderShield supplements, so you need to be eligible for the Singapore government-approved plans.
Do I need a promo code to enjoy the 20% lifetime premium discount for Singlife CareShield Standard and Singlife CareShield Plus?
No, the discount will be automatically applied when you fulfil the promotion criteria during your purchase of these severe disability insurance plans through our website.
All ages mentioned refer to age next birthday (ANB).
1. Severe disability refers to being unable to perform at least two (for Singlife CareShield Plus) or three (for Singlife CareShield Standard) of the six Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). The ADLs are washing, toileting, feeding, dressing, transferring and mobility.
2. There are two ways to pay for a limited time; the later of the two options will apply. The two ways are:
a) The Life Assured may pay up to the policy anniversary after they turn 68
b) The Life Assured may pay for 20 years from entry age (if Life Assured joins at age 49 or older)
3. MediSave use is applicable to an amount of up to S$600, per calendar year, per life assured. Premiums exceeding this limit will have to be paid in cash. If there are insufficient funds in the designated MediSave account, cash payment will be required for the difference.
4. The monthly benefit refers to the monthly payout when the Life Assured suffers from a Severe Disability, as defined in the plan.
5. The Life Assured may receive an additional 20% of their monthly benefit – for up to 36 months – while they’re receiving their monthly benefit or rehabilitation benefit.
6. The Life Assured may receive an additional 60% of their monthly benefit – for up to 12 months – while they’re receiving their monthly benefit or rehabilitation benefit.
7. The policyholder may exercise this option, without providing further evidence of insurability at any of the following life stage events, when the Life Assured:
a) purchases a property;
b) marries, divorces or is widowed;
c) becomes a parent by having a newborn child or by adopting a child below 19 years old
d) salary increases by 50% or more from application;
e) completes a skills development course of at least six months;
f ) purchases a new individual life insurance policy or a Supplementary Benefit from us, with full underwriting at standard terms; or
g) spouse suffers a Severe Disability (with the inability to perform at least three of the six ADLs) or dies.
This option allows the policyholder to increase the policy’s monthly benefit with extra premium payable. The total monthly benefit that can be increased under this option is limited to 50% of the policy’s initial monthly benefit, as agreed at policy inception or at the date this option is exercised – whichever is lower. This option is extended to standard life only. Please refer to the Product Summary for more details.
8. The Deferment Period is a period of 90 days from the date the Life Assured is confirmed and certified by an Appointed Assessor as being severely disabled. The monthly benefit, Lump Sum Benefit, Dependant Care Benefit and Caregiver Relief Benefit will be paid after the Deferment Period. Waiver of Premium is applicable after the Deferment Period. The Deferment Period shall be waived if the Life Assured suffers from a Severe Disability that arises from the same cause, within 180 days from ceasing to suffer from the Severe Disability.
9. Payouts will be reviewed regularly and may be adjusted to account for claims experience and long-term changes in disability and longevity trends
10. A lump sum benefit will be payable if the Life Assured dies due to any accident or sickness while receiving either the Severe Disability Benefit or the Rehabilitation Benefit. The Death Benefit will amount to 3 times of the last paid Severe Disability Benefit or the Rehabilitation Benefit, whichever is applicable.
Important Notes Regarding Additional Premium Support (APS) Policy
Anyone who pays for, or is insured under Singlife CareShield Standard/ Singlife CareShield Plus, is not eligible for Additional Premium Support (APS) from the Government*.
If you are currently receiving APS to pay for your MediShield Life and/or CareShield Life premiums, and you choose to be insured under this Singlife CareShield Standard/ Singlife CareShield Plus policy, you will stop receiving APS. This applies even if you are not the person paying for this Singlife CareShield Standard/ Singlife CareShield Plus policy.
In addition, if you choose to be insured under Singlife CareShield Standard/ Singlife CareShield Plus policy, the person paying for Singlife CareShield Standard/ Singlife CareShield Plus will stop receiving APS, if he or she is currently receiving APS.
*APS is for families who need assistance with MediShield Life and/or CareShield Life premiums, even after receiving premium subsidies and making use of MediSave to pay for these premiums.
This policy is underwritten by Singapore Life Ltd. ("Singlife").
This is published for general information only and does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs of any specific person. You may get a copy of Product Summary from Singapore Life Ltd. or our participating distributors' offices. You should read the Product Summary before deciding whether to purchase the product. You may wish to seek advice from a financial adviser representative before making a commitment to purchase the product. If you choose not to seek advice from a financial adviser representative, you should consider whether the product in question is suitable for you.
Buying a health insurance policy that is not suitable for you may impact your ability to finance your future healthcare needs. You will need to have a basic CareShield Life (CSHL) or ElderShield (ESH) policy before purchasing Singlife CareShield Standard or Singlife CareShield Plus (“Supplements”). Supplements purchased by CSHL policyholders are regulated under the CareShield Life and Long-term Care Act. Supplements purchased by ESH policyholders before the transfer of ESH to Government administration are considered ESH Supplements, which are regulated under the Central Provident Fund (Withdrawals for ElderShield Scheme) Regulations. After the transfer, they are considered CSHL Supplements, regulated under the CareShield Life and Long-term Care Act.
This is not an insurance contract. Full details of the standard terms and conditions of this policy can be found in the relevant policy contract.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners' Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact us or visit the Life Insurance Association or SDIC websites (www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
Information is accurate as at 9 September 2022.